Wednesday, August 10, 2011
1st day of Kindergarten!
Today was Taryn's 1st day of Kindergarten! They wear uniforms at her new school but we don't mind. There are still plenty of ways to be cute. Taryn's teacher is Mrs. Johnson and she goes to school for 1/2 of the day. She had a really great 1st day and came home with a smile from ear to ear.
John and I have always gotten a little misty eyed with the thought of Taryn going to school, so I was kind of worried about the "drop off" on her 1st day. We didn't shed a tear. Ha ha ha I had cried about it earlier that week so I think it was out of my system. They had a little "Boo Hoo" party for all the Kindergarten parents after they dropped their kids off. John and I went but it just felt lame and gay. Ha ha We didn't stay long. Taryn has been ready for this for a long time. It's gonna be a great year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Boo-Hoo party....that is hilarious. I'm glad you guys were too cool for it. Especially with this being your first. Ha! I love the "back to school" time of year. I can't wait for that with our future family. I'm excited to hear about all of Taryn's new friends :)
ReplyDeleteI love her uniform!! She is so adorable :)
ReplyDelete